Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yousuf upbeat in spite of Cup snub

KARACHI: Pakistan on Tuesday snubbed Mohammad Yousuf by overlooking him for World Cup 2011 but the seasoned batsman remains confident that his international career is far from over.
Yousuf, who conceded that he was disappointed over the World Cup snub, said that there is still a lot of cricket in him and declared that he would make his Pakistan comeback soon.
“I don’t think that my international career is over,” he said. “I will return to international cricket Inshallah,” said the 36-year-old former Pakistan captain.
“I don’t want to criticise anybody or the selectors,” he stressed.
Yousuf, who was dropped from the Pakistan team because of suspect fitness, said that he has proved his form and fitness by featuring in the ongoing National One-day Cup.
“I’ve proven my fitness,” said Yousuf who struck 81 while playing for Lahore Lions in their match against Hyderabad Hawks.
Yousuf is of the view that with his vast experience, he could have helped Pakistan in their World Cup campaign in Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh.
“I am in good form and could have benefited the team in the World Cup,” he said. “I would have quit myself if I felt unworthy for national duty after the World Cup.”

No comments:

Post a Comment